United Falcon Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look.

4 posters

Go down

Processor

I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look. I_vote_lcap50%I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look. I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look. I_vote_lcap50%I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look. I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look. Empty I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look.

Post  UF Bl4ckCl0ud Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:14 pm

If you can find a better one that will cost me around 700 tell me.

Color dark umber edit
Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edit
OS and recovery media System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edit
Processor AMD Quad-Core A8-3500M Accelerated Processor (2.4GHz/1.5GHz, 4MB L2 Cache) edit
Graphics card 512MB GDDR5 Radeon(TM) HD Dual Graphics [HDMI,VGA] edit
Memory FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) edit
Hard drive 640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection edit
Office software No Additional Office Software edit
Security software No additional security software edit
Primary battery 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.5 hours of battery life +++ edit
Display 15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Display (1366x768) edit
Primary optical drive FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner edit
Personalization HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader edit
Networking 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R) edit
Keyboard Standard Keyboard edit

:nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan:
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Member
UF Member

http://yomegakicks.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look. Empty Re: I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look.

Post  UF Garanas Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:08 am

Primary battery 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.5 hours of battery life +++ edit
This means it is a laptop, right?
I'm not really into those computer things, but this seems fine, especially for a laptop.
With the graphic card, it says "Dual", does this means you have 2x 512 mb? Otherwise I should look if I were you for one that has 1 gb, since most games today use way more then 512 mb.
(if you want to play games on it, ofcourse)
UF Garanas
UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look. Empty Re: I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look.

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:29 am

The dual graphics means it can output both HDMI and DVI to an external monitor/screen/projector if you want to go to full HD 1080p graphics. The screen specs are the next level down of HD (768p) so not full HD.

It looks ok, but I would bump up the graphics card. I also notice that it is a quad core only, with max 2.4 clock speed which is a little low... if you got a Core i5 processor that could get up to 2.9Ghz which is better for gaming.
Don't go Core i7 if you don't want to pay an extra $200 and have screen lag on smaller games like minecraft.

Gara, you have a hexacore right?? xD That's pretty good for the 3D modelling stuff you do Very Happy The Core i7 is good for what you do Gara, but I think having a hexacore beats that Razz
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look. Empty RE:

Post  UF Bl4ckCl0ud Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:06 am

Thank's guy's this helps. Yes it is a laptop, I need one for college anyway and it's right around the corner so I said what the hell. The reason I'm not looking at the one with an i5 and a gig is because it automatically makes it too expensive, but do you think I could pull off, say, TF2, or From Dust with this processor and a gig Radeon, because that would be great. Question
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:34 am

It should handle TF2 easily enough on full graphics, From Dust I think will be pretty smooth on medium graphics settings.
The only games that would have trouble would be something like Crysis, if you bother with the PC Assassins Creed's, the latest Call of Duty's, and any brand new high end visual games would all have to run on low to medium settings.
Edit: Actually with a gig radeon, high end games should run fine on medium settings.
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

I'm looking to buy a new computer, tell me how these specs look. Empty Re:

Post  UF Bl4ckCl0ud Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Ok, I have a new price range and I want to know how this one looks. I won't have it until after Christmas, but if it is honestly worth waiting and saving $200 more, I will. Plus I want a better screen.

Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
OS and recovery media System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Processor 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M Processor (2.3 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz
Graphics card 2GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
Memory FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Hard drive FREE Upgrade to 500GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Office software No Additional Office Software
Security software No additional security software
Primary battery 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.25 hours of battery life +++
Display 17.3" diagonal HD+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900)
Primary optical drive SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
Personalization HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone + HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
Networking Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN with Wireless Display Support
Keyboard Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
Plus it has beats audio. cheers cheers :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan:

UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:17 am

Get it! Very Happy It has similar and slightly better stats than my laptop xD I say go for it Twisted Evil :nyan:
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Bl4ckCl0ud Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:52 pm

YAYZ FOR APPROVAL! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol! lol! :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: lol! lol! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Bl4ckCl0ud Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Are you sure though, because it's an i5 dual core not the quad.
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:15 am

Where does it say dual core? And looking at all the stats that go with it, it has to be a quad core. I mean 6gig ram, 2 gig graphics card, high res screen, and they are also giving you Win 7 Pro Suspect So doesn't look like a petty dual core to me Razz
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Bl4ckCl0ud Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:57 am

Nope says when I look it up that it is the fastest dual core processor on the market. It would still work though wouldn't it?
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Bl4ckCl0ud Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Let's put it this way, between that one and this one, which one is better for gameing.

• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• AMD Quad-Core A8-3510MX Accelerated Processor (2.5GHz/1.8GHz, 4MB L2 Cache)
• 1GB GDDR5 Radeon(TM) HD Dual Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
• 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• No Additional Office Software
• No additional security software
• 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.5 hours of battery life +++
• 15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Display (1366x768)
• FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
• 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
• Standard Keyboard
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:58 am

Well most games are only programmed for 1 processor (well 'most' as in older) ... The second one you listed (2gig graphics card, etc) would be more suited to gaming, and it's an i5 which means that it is a dual core with most likely hyperthreading which makes it look like a quad core anyways. Which is probably what my computer is now that I think about it Razz I know the i7 is a quad core with hyperthreading which shows up as an octacore xD It looks epic in the Task Manager with 8 processors Twisted Evil

I say go for the dual core one Wink
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Bl4ckCl0ud Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Even better, check this out. My mom is a teacher and so I get a discount and a free xbox, so I got an upgrade for the same price. Check this sh1t out.

dark umber
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
2nd generation Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz
2GB GDDR5 Radeon(TM) HD 6770M Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
FREE Upgrade to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
FREE Upgrade to 750GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
No Additional Office Software
No additional security software
30% OFF! High Capacity 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.5 hours of battery life +++
17.3" diagonal HD+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900)
FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN with Wireless Display Support
Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Comedian Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:58 pm

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115990

heres a link to the laptop i just bought... its pretty amazing considering how low the price was for it. I just got it today and i am very pleased with it
UF Comedian
UF Comedian
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:17 pm

It is very similar to mine, with a bigger HDD and bigger screen Smile I'd be happy with that Wink
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum