United Falcon Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Game - Idea factory

+5
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Spartan19423
UF Norway
UF Ezio
UF Vishna
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Making Game - Idea factory - Page 3 Empty Re: Making Game - Idea factory

Post  UF Ezio Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 am

UF Norway wrote:what about a snake game but with enemies and in 3d?
Not yet :p Simple for now, remember?

UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:28 am

UF Ezio wrote:A. See my let's play of fire emblem Razz
B. I have like 4 of the games, 2 of them are gba Razz
The one you let's played is the one I played Very Happy
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:55 am

Cool! I'm currently playing the sequel game to that one, and imma do a lets play on that too, lol
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:51 pm

ANYWAY, back to the topic.

Me and a Tonnu22(new memeber who has mostly played in MC, some may know him) did some XP(eXtreme Programming) since we got a very good idea. We started to make a board game and we have a Beta version allmost ready. I'll post it to forums tommrow. I thought maybe we could make this board game into a 3D version. It would be unique idea and also I think we have the skills to finish this game.

About game:

2 players(atm, later may be more) play in the 10x10 table. Players start from game table corners and their objective is to reach to the opposite corner. Game is turn based.

The game table has 100 squares and they all have 1 special ability. They are like pillars, what you can raise or lower. When it is your turn, you have certain amount of moving points(every moving point allows you to move 1 square to your LEFT;RIGHT;TOP;BOTTOM, but not diagonally) and Energy points, what allows you to raise or lower those squares/pillars. Player can move his piece only then when he is is able to move to the same level pillar. If right next to him is a higher/lower pillar, then he can't move there.

So this is a basic concept of our game. There are of course more rules and modes/add-on to add, bu that to the future.
This is my suggestion, so if you want you can join our little project what we started and if you don't like the idea, well then we will continue our project on our on.
UF Vishna
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:56 pm

I think this is a great idea. A sort of say "board game" is actually quite easy to build, but also allows for a lot of people to be involved, 2D or 3D, since programmers are necessary, but also relaxing music is necessary and if in 2D, artistics are requiered as well.
This would give us much more to go on. I am not saying that snake is a bad idea, but I am just saying this might be better in general, since it seemes more original and thus far we have not yet been able to come up with any ideas how to really make our snake stand out from others. So maybe change our idea guys?? Specially seeing that Kas has had some progress with this already.

Also, random idea (and not very original), but we could try to build a risk game in the PC, 2D or 3D. Risk would be easy to build programmingly, but would leave also the option of building a storyline (etc, there is a lotr risk, a game of thrones one and so on), so we could have people pitch in with more ideas. Just to put that idea out there as well.
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:27 am

Okay, the simple GUI Beta version is ready.
Download link:
Tactical Heights
Password: puzzlegame

Bug report, opinions, comments are welcome.

Picture:
Spoiler:
UF Vishna
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Norway Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:16 pm

UF Vishna wrote:Okay, the simple GUI Beta version is ready.
Download link:
Tactical Heights
Password: puzzlegame

Bug report, opinions, comments are welcome.

Picture:
Spoiler:

the (p1) square can go above maximum hight and also what are the rules?
UF Norway
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:22 pm

UF Norway wrote:the (p1) square can go above maximum hight and also what are the rules?

Will look that bug.
EDIT: I don't have that bug. I cant raise or lower Player_1 above 5 or lower than 1.

UF Vishna wrote:
About game:

2 players(atm, later may be more) play in the 10x10 table. Players start from game table corners and their objective is to reach to the opposite corner. Game is turn based.

The game table has 100 squares and they all have 1 special ability. They are like pillars, what you can raise or lower. When it is your turn, you have certain amount of moving points(every moving point allows you to move 1 square to your LEFT;RIGHT;TOP;BOTTOM, but not diagonally) and Energy points, what allows you to raise or lower those squares/pillars. Player can move his piece only then when he is is able to move to the same level pillar. If right next to him is a higher/lower pillar, then he can't move there.
UF Vishna
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:27 pm

When do you need the music, and in what format do you need it?
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Norway Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:35 am

UF Vishna wrote:
UF Norway wrote:the (p1) square can go above maximum hight and also what are the rules?

Will look that bug.
EDIT: I don't have that bug. I cant raise or lower Player_1 above 5 or lower than 1.

UF Vishna wrote:
About game:

it says maximum is 3 then..
UF Norway
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:19 am

Ok I'll try to post more accurate rules then, what we have created atm.

Rules:
*Game takes place on a 10x10 table.
*Players start from opposite corners.
*Players goal is to reach to the opponent player starting position. First one who reaches there, wins the game.
*Game is turn based.
*Table squares have ability to raise or lower. Max height of pillar(square) is 5 and Min is 1.
*Each turn player has 6 Energy points and 2 Moving points.(Just test number, we may change those if the game needs it)
*Energy points are used from raising/lowering pillars. Raising or lowering a pillar in the 5x5 square around the player costs 1 Energy point and moving any other pillar costs 2 Energy points.
*Player can use Moving points to move his position. Player can move only in horizontal and vertical way. Moving diagonally is not allowed.
*Player can only move to 1 pillar at time, what costs 1 Moving point. Player can move only to pillars next to him and that pillar has to be at the same height what is the pillar where player is standing.
*Energy and Moving points reset every turn.
I hope this helps out with better understanding. If you have more questions, be free to ask.

Know bugs:
*If you raise any pillar at any height, is says in Information box "Maximum height"

Last edited by UF Vishna on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
UF Vishna
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:57 am

Haven't had time to actually check out the game yet, working on the music. But how does one gain points? Moving or Energy, that is. Or is this just reset at the beginning of each turn?
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:18 am

UF Ezio wrote:Haven't had time to actually check out the game yet, working on the music. But how does one gain points? Moving or Energy, that is. Or is this just reset at the beginning of each turn?
Your second guess. It resets each turn. I'll add that to rules.
Thank you for pointing out.
UF Vishna
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Making Game - Idea factory - Page 3 Empty Game going online... well sort of

Post  UF Tonnu22 Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:46 pm

So I was working on this game today which we made with Vish few days ago and added a sort of online/multiplayer feature. Basically two people open up the game in different computers. One has to choose Player1 and the other one Player2(It is recommended that the one who plays player1 opens up the window before and already makes a choice and after that the game in launched in another window and player2 is chosen there). Then after each one has made the turn they press end turn. The trick is that it makes a file that is used by both programs so one has to send a file (named Vahendfail.sis, it is a random name in estonian, ignore it) to another computer and it has to be located in the same folder with the game .jar file. Anyway we used dropbox to make it work (it is basically a shared folder system so that if I put a file in there then it also appears in another computer with the same shared folder in a few seconds). We put the game file in a same dropbox folder we both had and it seemed to work. If it seems that the .sis file is just updateing but does not do it in lets say 10 sec then you can push the update on/off button, wait for it to finish updating the vahendfail and then push the update on/off button again. This is a BETA version and is far from perfect and is probably full of bugs and so on so if you find some then let us know and also let us know if you get it to work.
http://www.2shared.com/file/-KxEoLit/Tactical_Heights.html
UF Tonnu22
UF Tonnu22
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Nitsuj2122 Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:07 pm

If we wanna make the snake game later, play this for inspiration.
http://www.silvergames.com/data-worm
UF Nitsuj2122
UF Nitsuj2122
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Norway Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:04 pm

UF Tonnu22 wrote:So I was working on this game today which we made with Vish few days ago and added a sort of online/multiplayer feature. Basically two people open up the game in different computers. One has to choose Player1 and the other one Player2(It is recommended that the one who plays player1 opens up the window before and already makes a choice and after that the game in launched in another window and player2 is chosen there). Then after each one has made the turn they press end turn. The trick is that it makes a file that is used by both programs so one has to send a file (named Vahendfail.sis, it is a random name in estonian, ignore it) to another computer and it has to be located in the same folder with the game .jar file. Anyway we used dropbox to make it work (it is basically a shared folder system so that if I put a file in there then it also appears in another computer with the same shared folder in a few seconds). We put the game file in a same dropbox folder we both had and it seemed to work. If it seems that the .sis file is just updateing but does not do it in lets say 10 sec then you can push the update on/off button, wait for it to finish updating the vahendfail and then push the update on/off button again. This is a BETA version and is far from perfect and is probably full of bugs and so on so if you find some then let us know and also let us know if you get it to work.
http://www.2shared.com/file/-KxEoLit/Tactical_Heights.html

so how about adding some graphics and animation, to make it look simpliler and m,ore interesting?
UF Norway
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:37 am

UF Norway wrote:so how about adding some graphics and animation, to make it look simpliler and m,ore interesting?
Slow down Norway, a working prototype is the primary goal here, improved graphics come later.
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:14 am

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:
UF Norway wrote:so how about adding some graphics and animation, to make it look simpliler and m,ore interesting?
Slow down Norway, a working prototype is the primary goal here, improved graphics come later.

I agree with Wired, but we have talked with Spartan already about it. Idea was to change buttons backgrounds to pictures and add overall background to the JFrame. But thats comes little bit later, when the systems are better and work propertly.
Also I need to learn little bit about placing and adding pictures to buttons and changing buttons shape first, before we can start to work with better graphics.
UF Vishna
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 am

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:

Noting this, but the idea struck me of perhaps making this a 3D game? Working with animations for higher pillars, etc. Long way off, I get that, it's just a suggestion to keep in mind Razz
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 am

UF Ezio wrote:
UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:

Noting this, but the idea struck me of perhaps making this a 3D game? Working with animations for higher pillars, etc. Long way off, I get that, it's just a suggestion to keep in mind Razz

If you had read my first comment when I posted this game idea then I mentioned that in late future I would like to do it in 3D.

Very Happy
Just mentioning Ezio Very Happy
UF Vishna
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Tonnu22 Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:46 am

UF Vishna wrote:
UF Ezio wrote:
UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:

If you had read my first comment when I posted this game idea then I mentioned that in late future I would like to do it in 3D.

Very Happy
Just mentioning Ezio Very Happy

Sure we can, we have the basic algorithm up and running, if we want to make it 3D then someone simply has to learn how to do this. And as it was said, we need to make a game that is interesting and looks nice with good music but it is impossible to choose music and make graphics for a game that does not exist exactly so if someone has any ideas how to make it 3D or some graphics then just ask for the source code, we will add some comments to it and we are ready to go.
UF Tonnu22
UF Tonnu22
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:09 pm

My apologies, for my memory seems not to keep with the times. To pique yours, what format do you want your music files to be in?
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:54 am

UF Ezio wrote:My apologies, for my memory seems not to keep with the times. To pique yours, what format do you want your music files to be in?

I haven't worked much with sounds, but I think thats .MP3 and .WAV files will do.
UF Vishna
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:39 pm

In about 3 days I will have the first song done
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member