United Falcon Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible new halo

4 posters

Go down

Possible new halo Empty Possible new halo

Post  UF Spartan19423 Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:25 am

Well good news guys, for those owning the PC version of Halo:combat envolved (Me being one of those lucky bastards). According to inside gaming, somewhere in November, some team (yes i know, very NOT detailed) will be building a new version of the halo, doing it also with a new engine. I dont know how good this will seem, that is yet to be deciaded, but a new halo (or a patched one) is something to certainly look forward to, should it happen.
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Possible new halo Empty Re: Possible new halo

Post  UF Garanas Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:45 am

UF Spartan19423 wrote:Well good news guys, for those owning the PC version of Halo:combat envolved (Me being one of those lucky bastards). According to inside gaming, somewhere in November, some team (yes i know, very NOT detailed) will be building a new version of the halo, doing it also with a new engine. I dont know how good this will seem, that is yet to be deciaded, but a new halo (or a patched one) is something to certainly look forward to, should it happen.

I've heard about this, problem is: It will be for Xbox only (LAME)
So, I can't play it Sad
UF Garanas
UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:38 pm

hmm, didnt know that, i was hoping that it would come to PC aswell
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Garanas Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:07 am

UF Spartan19423 wrote:hmm, didnt know that, i was hoping that it would come to PC aswell

Bungie hates the PC Sad
UF Garanas
UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:13 am

hmm, well in inside gaming it did not specify what platform it will be (no offense gara, but i hope in this case you are wrong). It is yet to be seen, what happens, but maybe since this is a new build for a game that has already been to the PC aswell, then they will do it for all platforms that halo 1 is on.
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Garanas Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:15 am

UF Spartan19423 wrote:hmm, well in inside gaming it did not specify what platform it will be (no offense gara, but i hope in this case you are wrong). It is yet to be seen, what happens, but maybe since this is a new build for a game that has already been to the PC aswell, then they will do it for all platforms that halo 1 is on.

They converted Halo 2, but not Halo 3. There must be a reason for that, meaning they will probaly not convert it. But ye, I hope I'm wrong too Smile
UF Garanas
UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Beazt Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:11 am

that reason is greed
UF Beazt
UF Beazt
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:50 am

Yeah, I've heard that halo 1 is being remade using the Reach engine, so decent upgrade, but if that's the case then it will be xbox only I'm afraid....
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Garanas Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:28 am

UF Beazt wrote:that reason is greed

Bungie is greed.
Many players (just like me) have problems running Halo 2, I have a strange "lag" (even on campaign) when I run it on a too high resolution. The game just stops every second for 0.2 seconds or something. They didn't even tried to fix it as far I know.
UF Garanas
UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Beazt Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:26 am

bungie had nothing to do with game being ported. thank hired gun and Pi studios for not fixing anything when porting and locked up map editor.
also, many problems are caused by GFWL as well. remember how long it took to fix server browser?
UF Beazt
UF Beazt
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Garanas Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:46 am

UF Beazt wrote:bungie had nothing to do with game being ported. thank hired gun and Pi studios for not fixing anything when porting and locked up map editor.
also, many problems are caused by GFWL as well. remember how long it took to fix server browser?

And halo 2 could had been so good Sad
UF Garanas
UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Well all in all then, its a pretty fucked up story. Sorry to get your hopes up guys, i was rather just hoping, that for final fucks sake, bungie would actually do something for the PC community, rather then let some other team do some stuff or do nothing. Seemes that MS is all about the Xbox these days.

I say lets fuck MS and go to EA instead Twisted Evil
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Beazt Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:31 am

idk, didnt bungie teamed up with activision? in that case new bungie games would plausably be PC as well.
UF Beazt
UF Beazt
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:00 am

well yea, but thats a faint hope. However, il hang onto what you said beazt, cos i like it Laughing
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Garanas Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:37 am

UF Spartan19423 wrote:well yea, but thats a faint hope. However, il hang onto what you said beazt, cos i like it Laughing

He said NEW Bungie games, if you take that literally then the REnewed Halo version won't be on PC Very Happy?
UF Garanas
UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Beazt Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:38 am

Reach was the last Bungie halo game. if there will be a remake of halo ce then some other developer will make it.

Joystiq has learned that the previously rumored remake of Halo: Combat Evolved will indeed launch this holiday season for Xbox 360 with a full visual overhaul. Sources explain that the re-release is not Bungie's 2001 Xbox game simply running at a higher resolution -- it's being remade with new art assets. While Halo's audio will likely remain unaltered, the controls will allow for more recent Halo configurations.

The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion, but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.

The Halo: Combat Evolved update, one of two Halo games currently in development under the watchful eye of 343 Industries, is expected to support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions. Details on multiplayer are supposedly still being worked out, but we understand the remake will likely feature online co-op (the original game supported two-player split-screen co-op).

The game is expected to re-evolve on November 15, 2011, ten years after Halo: Combat Evolved launched alongside the Xbox. Our sources didn't know of any plans to similarly upgrade the recently disconnected Halo 2, but it's hard to imagine Microsoft playing favorites with its biggest franchise.
from http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/halo-combat-evolved-hd/

I will not believe halo remake until I see it in my local video game shop, and even then I wont be sure.
UF Beazt
UF Beazt
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:05 am

Bungie + Activision = ?
Could mean lag fixes on CoD and improved multiplayer for local split screen games, cuz activision sucks in that regard Neutral
Also means that new games (that are not CoD or Halo Razz) could be something UF could branch out to, especially since Activision usually does PC.

OH! And the best part: CoD could get a facelift, graphics have not improved in a looooong time Very Happy
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:34 am

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:Bungie + Activision = ?
Could mean lag fixes on CoD and improved multiplayer for local split screen games, cuz activision sucks in that regard Neutral
Also means that new games (that are not CoD or Halo Razz) could be something UF could branch out to, especially since Activision usually does PC.

OH! And the best part: CoD could get a facelift, graphics have not improved in a looooong time Very Happy

Well i read the article today that beazt has posted earlier. Also watched a video fal favorited on youtube. Obviously it seemes the game is coming to the xbox, one way or another (atleast i didnt see the mention of the letters "PC" anywhere). Second thing is, that it will be made by a totally new company called saber.... something... i cant remember XD... anyhow, point being, neither bungie nor activision will be working on it. That means the chances of a late PC release has just been killed for me.... FUCK XD

Also they will not use the reach engine to build it, but some other thing, made by that saber company. In my opinion its a bad move, because like stated in so many articles, they are tempering with the bungie feeling. Its like with the call of duty mw 2 and black ops. I love how the both games play, but personally i think the black ops graphics are less impressing then what of modren warfare 2's (you guys can have a differante opinion, but you get the point). So if they build it with something else, i dont really know how its going to work out. Are we going to get a new gears of war style game? who knows.
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Beazt Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:51 am

to be honest then I have to agree with Oliver. if bungie isnt making it then it will not feel like proper halo.
and as far as I understand then halo engine belongs to bungie. so engine and bungie comes as one item.
to bad. I already had my hopes high when the rumor first got to me.
UF Beazt
UF Beazt
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:23 pm

This happens with all game franchises, once the game developers have finished, the pass it off to someone else and start on something new. Which means! that I'm looking forward to new stuff Bungie will do, because Halo is done I think.
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Garanas Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:55 am

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:This happens with all game franchises, once the game developers have finished, the pass it off to someone else and start on something new. Which means! that I'm looking forward to new stuff Bungie will do, because Halo is done I think.

I can only say: I hope it isn't Sad
I still hope that they will convert (or some other company) the other Halo xbox games into PC ones. hoping Smile)
UF Garanas
UF Garanas
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:23 am

UF Garanas wrote:
UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:This happens with all game franchises, once the game developers have finished, the pass it off to someone else and start on something new. Which means! that I'm looking forward to new stuff Bungie will do, because Halo is done I think.

I can only say: I hope it isn't Sad
I still hope that they will convert (or some other company) the other Halo xbox games into PC ones. hoping Smile)

If that happens, then il eat alot of paper concerning the facts that it wouldnt come out. But the truth is, im not so sure il be eating that paper.
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum