United Falcon Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo 4!!

+6
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Vishna
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Spartan19423
UF Beazt
UF Garanas
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Halo 4!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4!!

Post  UF Norway Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:13 am

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:
UF Ezio wrote:Darn... I thought in a few weeks someone would say something to my take on it, but I guess not, lol
Oh, I thought you had some valid points, especially the Cortana one, and the overused flood.
I was thinking maybe Cortana could turn around and be a new nemesis by taking control over the Forerunner technology. And then playing with John-117, kinda like Glados xD except in space Razz

And maybe we may have some space battle stuff, with no gravity at all, not reduced gravity, I mean none! Like bits in Dead Space Very Happy
i would not like that. i think because of the amount of knowledge or whatever you said Ezio she will stay longer because if she turned it would ruine the whole game serie and they are already planning up to halo 7

UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Norway Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 am

and didnt they really find cortana in the ice on reach in a forerunner installation? because she is way more advanced than for example dot.
UF Norway
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:03 am

What are you guys talking about? Very Happy
I should check Halo news more offen Very Happy
Halo 4!! - Page 2 Potato-potato
UF Vishna
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:39 pm

UF Norway wrote:and didnt they really find cortana in the ice on reach in a forerunner installation? because she is way more advanced than for example dot.

Read Fall of Reach.............

Cortana was constructed off a clone brain of Dr. Catherine Halsey, the founder of the SPARTAN II program. . . AI at that time were made from the copies of dead people's brain's but Dr. Halsey took the risk of a cloned brain, and from it came Cortana.... huh. Anyone else catching the amount of religious beliefs intertwined in this? I mean for the entire Christianity/Islamic/Judea branch, you have the covenant. The Ark of the Covenant. The Prophets. The flood. Etc. And here? with Cortana? does it remind anyone of how Athena was born, from Zeus's skull? Except, it's Dr. Halsey's brain this time... lol. Hadn't thought of it until just now
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:40 pm

UF Norway wrote:
UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:
UF Ezio wrote:Darn... I thought in a few weeks someone would say something to my take on it, but I guess not, lol
Oh, I thought you had some valid points, especially the Cortana one, and the overused flood.
I was thinking maybe Cortana could turn around and be a new nemesis by taking control over the Forerunner technology. And then playing with John-117, kinda like Glados xD except in space Razz

And maybe we may have some space battle stuff, with no gravity at all, not reduced gravity, I mean none! Like bits in Dead Space Very Happy
i would not like that. i think because of the amount of knowledge or whatever you said Ezio she will stay longer because if she turned it would ruine the whole game serie and they are already planning up to halo 7

Do you know that or are you inferring because there are 7 Halo rings?
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:12 pm

UF Ezio wrote:
UF Norway wrote:and didnt they really find cortana in the ice on reach in a forerunner installation? because she is way more advanced than for example dot.

Cortana was constructed off a clone brain of Dr. Catherine Halsey, the founder of the SPARTAN II program. . . AI at that time were made from the copies of dead people's brain's but Dr. Halsey took the risk of a cloned brain, and from it came Cortana.... huh. Anyone else catching the amount of religious beliefs intertwined in this? I mean for the entire Christianity/Islamic/Judea branch, you have the covenant. The Ark of the Covenant. The Prophets. The flood. Etc. And here? with Cortana? does it remind anyone of how Athena was born, from Zeus's skull? Except, it's Dr. Halsey's brain this time... lol. Hadn't thought of it until just now
The Cortana in Reach is a copy or fragment of the real Cortana with some downloaded information from the forerunner relic, the Spartans are commissioned with returning the Cortana fragment to the original which is with the MC.

To be honest, I hated the Halo Reach storyline, on face value it throws out all the backstory in Fall of Reach -.- You have to dig around to find the back backstory of Reach....
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:33 pm

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:
UF Ezio wrote:

The Cortana in Reach is a copy or fragment of the real Cortana with some downloaded information from the forerunner relic, the Spartans are commissioned with returning the Cortana fragment to the original which is with the MC.

To be honest, I hated the Halo Reach storyline, on face value it throws out all the backstory in Fall of Reach -.- You have to dig around to find the back backstory of Reach....

This is taken directly from the book, word per word:
Cortana was a "smart" AI, an advanced artificial construct. Actually, the termssmart anddumb as applied
to AIs, were misleading; all AIs were extraordinarily intelligent. But Cortana was special.

So-called dumb AIs were engineered to function only were misleading; within set limits of their
dynamic memory-processing matrix. They were brilliant within their fields of expertise, but were
lacking in "creativity." D�j�, for example, was a "dumb" AI--incredibly useful, but limited.

Smart AIs like Cortana, however, had no limits on their dynamic memory-processor matrix. Knowledge
and creativity could grow unchecked.

She would pay a price for her genius, however. Such growth eventually led to self-interference. Cortana
would one day literally start thinking too much at the expense of her normal functions. It was as if a
human were to think with so much of his brain that he stopped sending impulses to his heart and lungs.

Like all the other smart AIs that Dr. Halsey had worked with over the years, Cortana would effectively
"die" after an operational life of seven years.

But Cortana's mind was unique among all the other AIs Dr. Halsey had encountered. An AI's matrix
was created by sending electrical bursts through the neural pathways of a human brain. Those pathways
were then replicated in a superconducting nano-assemblage. The technique destroyed the original human
tissue, so they could only be obtained from a suitable candidate that had already died. Cortana, however,
had to have the best mind available. The success of her mission and the lives of the Spartans would
depend on it.

At Dr. Halsey's insistence, ONI had arranged to have her own brain carefully cloned and her memories
flash-transferred to the receptacle organs. Only one of the twenty cloned brains survived the process.
Cortana had literally sprung from Dr. Halsey's mind, like Athena from the head of Zeus.

So, in a way, Cortana was Dr. Halsey.
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:19 am

Well now that the Halo 4 trailer is out (holy crap, look at those graphics!), let's review some of our predictions! Very Happy

Let's start!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N-CRrP9xjQ
The trailer link

Main inference #1:
Like all the other smart AIs that Dr. Halsey had worked with over the years, Cortana would effectively

One of the last things mentioned, and shown in the trailer, is what appears to be the end of Cortana. Then again, we don't know. To quote cortana: "I was put into service 8 years ago. AI are supposed to deteriorate after 7."

Then, it cuts to a more dramatic scene, at the end of the trailer, again quoting Cortana:
"To not allow you to live? That's murder!"
And with this, we get a lovely, disturbing picture of Cortana yelling, cut off by Master Chief closing his fist.

I think we can say Cortana's finish in this picture.

Main inference #2
The new 'enemy'.
Something new! Prometheians! (that's oozy's spelling there)
Basically, we have a new, smart AI that, just like normal, want to kill you. Too bad they didn't throw them in as a plot twister, like they did with the flood. Then again, they probably, like us, hate the flood by now, because it's so overused. I like the change, to say the least. New guns look cool, how they fight, etc. Rather easy to spot patterns, but still looking like a great game.

Main inference #3
-The planet-possibly forunner occupied?
Confirmed.

Main inference #4
-Technology developments-
Lot happens in 4 years. Confirmed. New guys, forunner technology. Yup, we got some new stuff Razz

Main inference #5
-What happens to the covenant?
They're still around... I don't think we're ever going to just have them off our backs.

Main inference #6
The planet-possibly forunner occupied?
Confirmed. They're real friendly too...
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:45 pm

UF Ezio wrote:Well now that the Halo 4 trailer is out (holy crap, look at those graphics!), let's review some of our predictions! Very Happy

Let's start!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N-CRrP9xjQ
The trailer link

Main inference #1:

One of the last things mentioned, and shown in the trailer, is what appears to be the end of Cortana. Then again, we don't know. To quote cortana: "I was put into service 8 years ago. AI are supposed to deteriorate after 7."

Then, it cuts to a more dramatic scene, at the end of the trailer, again quoting Cortana:
"To not allow you to live? That's murder!"
And with this, we get a lovely, disturbing picture of Cortana yelling, cut off by Master Chief closing his fist.

I think we can say Cortana's finish in this picture.

Main inference #2
The new 'enemy'.
Something new! Prometheians! (that's oozy's spelling there)
Basically, we have a new, smart AI that, just like normal, want to kill you. Too bad they didn't throw them in as a plot twister, like they did with the flood. Then again, they probably, like us, hate the flood by now, because it's so overused. I like the change, to say the least. New guns look cool, how they fight, etc. Rather easy to spot patterns, but still looking like a great game.

Main inference #3
-The planet-possibly forunner occupied?
Confirmed.

Main inference #4
-Technology developments-
Lot happens in 4 years. Confirmed. New guys, forunner technology. Yup, we got some new stuff Razz

Main inference #5
-What happens to the covenant?
They're still around... I don't think we're ever going to just have them off our backs.

Main inference #6
The planet-possibly forunner occupied?
Confirmed. They're real friendly too...

Actualy Cortana says very dramatically "I will not allow you to leave this planet.". Basically referring to her perhaps turning crazy since she is supposed to last only 7 years and its the 8th one. It was mentioned in one of the interviews as well I think, that they are exploring that option, that Cortana might go insane to due to the fact that she had to spend a crap load of time alone, while chief was sleeping. Just saying Wink

But agreed, the game looks awsome, graphically and by gameplay.
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:02 pm

The thermal vision thing reminded me of Predator Razz
New enemies look cool, except they remind me of the lambent from Gears of War 3.
And the scripted fighting is fast becoming the in trend for triple-A video games, I think Naughty Dog set the example in the Uncharted series. If you haven't yet, check out the E3 gameplay video for The Last of Us. It looks epic!

The trailer makes Halo 4 look promising in terms of gameplay, I hope they don't waffle around with a lame story like they did in Reach, but make a fresh and compelling story. The story in Reach achieved nothing except new graphics and slightly modified weapons. And like someone said, it's a shame this new enemy was revealed so early, there is no twist in that regard. Here's hoping they pull out something better than lambent copies, otherwise I will be disappointed.

I know I'm complaining about copies but copies are OK if they are pulled off well, and Halo 4 had better pull it off well. Besides we finally get to play with the Chief again, I think that will make everyone happy no matter what people may complain about Very Happy

Black Ops II is looking like a good story because there are different choices and different endings, so finally a CoD with multiple choice instead of linearity. It would be nice if Halo 4 gave you more options, like mass effect: Which species will you side with? Human, Covenant, Flood, or the Forerunners? Who is right? It's your decision! Razz

But, the problem with American games in general is that humans are always right, let's shoot more covenant! (Americans are always good! Shoot the English, Russians, Chinese, Africans, etc.)
I want the humans to be on the same team as the Covenant. If they don't side with the covenant at some point in the game, then I will openly call Halo 4 Speciest! Again this has to be story driven, if the story does not explain why the covenant are still fighting the Chief, I will be disappointed.

Halo 4, I have low expectations for you, it is up to you to surprise me!
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Vishna Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:13 am

Looks Amazing! Sad its ona a xbox Sad
And I just love MC voice, sounds so epic Very Happy
UF Vishna
UF Vishna
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:41 am

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:The thermal vision thing reminded me of Predator Razz
New enemies look cool, except they remind me of the lambent from Gears of War 3.
And the scripted fighting is fast becoming the in trend for triple-A video games, I think Naughty Dog set the example in the Uncharted series. If you haven't yet, check out the E3 gameplay video for The Last of Us. It looks epic!

The trailer makes Halo 4 look promising in terms of gameplay, I hope they don't waffle around with a lame story like they did in Reach, but make a fresh and compelling story. The story in Reach achieved nothing except new graphics and slightly modified weapons. And like someone said, it's a shame this new enemy was revealed so early, there is no twist in that regard. Here's hoping they pull out something better than lambent copies, otherwise I will be disappointed.

I know I'm complaining about copies but copies are OK if they are pulled off well, and Halo 4 had better pull it off well. Besides we finally get to play with the Chief again, I think that will make everyone happy no matter what people may complain about Very Happy

Black Ops II is looking like a good story because there are different choices and different endings, so finally a CoD with multiple choice instead of linearity. It would be nice if Halo 4 gave you more options, like mass effect: Which species will you side with? Human, Covenant, Flood, or the Forerunners? Who is right? It's your decision! Razz

But, the problem with American games in general is that humans are always right, let's shoot more covenant! (Americans are always good! Shoot the English, Russians, Chinese, Africans, etc.)
I want the humans to be on the same team as the Covenant. If they don't side with the covenant at some point in the game, then I will openly call Halo 4 Speciest! Again this has to be story driven, if the story does not explain why the covenant are still fighting the Chief, I will be disappointed.

Halo 4, I have low expectations for you, it is up to you to surprise me!

lol, "Low expectations". More like, suprise me or I'll kick your asses! XD

Nah, but you are right about the giving more options part mate. I would like to see more games use the mass effect multiple choice style. However I am afraid most of the games would not be able to pull off a normally written story should they go with that. I mean yes, one side would be good, but the other three ( I mean come on side with the flood? Very Happy ) would just seem highly improbable from the hero we already know to make a choice of saving the humanity. This is why it would be hard to change chief from what he is. He would have to totally change his character and I don't think anyone of us wants to see that.

As for the covenant, it seems you are fighting them again, atleast from the gameplay trailer, you see some scouts, and fight them, followed up by an elite charging you and being lazered. I am quite sure an a friendly elite would not come at you. So yeah, elites and the covenant are back to the bad guys list as well.

I am quite interested however will they also use flood for this one? I mean In conclusion the flood was supposed to be stopped before, but then again it was supposed to be over for MC in halo 3 as well. Despite what you may say, I think halo 1 was such a succsess due to the fact of the suprise moment from the flood, plus a mindless and a consuming enemie, willing to kill you no matter the odds. In my opinion the new enemie just looks too much AI and would need more rawness into it, to make it look actualy scary.

Anyhow, these are the thoughts I have from watching the trailers.
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:22 am

I think what I meant by "who is right?" is that I want to see each species side of the story and try understand their motivations. I'm talking about character development. I want to feel attached to each race as a character, whether it's adoration, fascination, or even hate, or even more simply, understanding their motivations. That is what makes a good story, being attached to their characters and understanding their good/evil.

The covenant in Halo 2 was brilliant because you could see a species blinded by religion, and the Arbiter seeing past this and understanding the lies of it's own people. Will there still be parts of the covenant that are still blinded by this religion? Will the Arbiter have any part in trying to convince the Covenant of their blind obedience?

Cortana, is going insane as an 8 year old AI, what makes her insane? Is she really insane? What is she motivated by? Is there something twisted in her way of thinking that will only be revealed at the end? How will the Chief deal with her insanity? Will she turn on him?

The forerunners, an ancient race thought to have disappeared in the distant past. Why are they back? Are they really who they seemed? Why are they attacking? Does the release of the Flood since Halo 1 have anything to do with their motivation to attack? Are they even forerunners, or something else posing as forerunners?

The story had better be good xD
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:57 am

UF WiredUp4Fun wrote:I think what I meant by "who is right?" is that I want to see each species side of the story and try understand their motivations. I'm talking about character development. I want to feel attached to each race as a character, whether it's adoration, fascination, or even hate, or even more simply, understanding their motivations. That is what makes a good story, being attached to their characters and understanding their good/evil.

The covenant in Halo 2 was brilliant because you could see a species blinded by religion, and the Arbiter seeing past this and understanding the lies of it's own people. Will there still be parts of the covenant that are still blinded by this religion? Will the Arbiter have any part in trying to convince the Covenant of their blind obedience?

Cortana, is going insane as an 8 year old AI, what makes her insane? Is she really insane? What is she motivated by? Is there something twisted in her way of thinking that will only be revealed at the end? How will the Chief deal with her insanity? Will she turn on him?

The forerunners, an ancient race thought to have disappeared in the distant past. Why are they back? Are they really who they seemed? Why are they attacking? Does the release of the Flood since Halo 1 have anything to do with their motivation to attack? Are they even forerunners, or something else posing as forerunners?

The story had better be good xD

Okey, I agree about the motiveations and the story part. Indeed Halo 2 was epic due to its awsome writing and specially as you saw humans and the covenant's elites ( the one enemie you hated the most in halo 1) unite under one banner.

As for Cortana turning crazy, I guess a good storyline would provide us with a reason why she does it, but like in the real world, crazy is crazy, there is no explenation to it, people just can't valuate sistuations like they should be able to. So for that I really have no idea what and If at all they have anything plan.

As for the forerunners, there was this rumor that the new ancient evil is actualy an alive forerunner, one that was imprisoned by his fellow forerunners due to him being... well utterly evil... or something like that. It is possible that this will be the new protogonist in the series and you will be fighting them.

Ohh and as for reach, I think despite the fact that it was a new storyline, the game still did fairly nice in telling it. I mean I personnaly liked six's death scene the most and the score by Marty O'Donnel was also quite nice. So to say the least, I wouldn't say Reach was bad, I would just say, it didn't have a main antagonist to fight against. Halo 4 should provide this, like it was in Halo 3 (the prophet of Truth and Gravemind.)

Oh lol and welcome to Halo 4: the game were Master Chief punches people in the face. I could already count 2 times in the trailer plus the after trailer with Cortana speaking. First was when that forerunner thing jumped on him and MC had to punch him in the face and push it back. Second one was in the later trailer, when a similar scene from reach ( were six was on the ground in the end of winter contigency and 3 elites attacked him), where MC is obvious battling some elite and then punches him also in the face.

Master Chief: Keeping it real in 2012! lol!
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF OozY Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:02 am

I think its awesome the only thing I don't understand is why is MC fighting an elite before a Promethean "saves" him
UF OozY
UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:16 pm

UF OozY wrote:I think its awesome the only thing I don't understand is why is MC fighting an elite before a Promethean "saves" him

Could be the fact that by the story there were so called loyal and sepertist elites in the covenant. Sepertists were those who joined humans, loyal those who stayed with the covenant. For obvious underestanding purpouses in halo 3, the elites were all made friendly, but by lore, not all of them were. Could be the same reason in this game, that you will still be fighting loyal elites of the covenant.

P.S sorry for going all nerdy on you guys XD
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF WiredUp4Fun Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:25 pm

UF Spartan19423 wrote:
UF OozY wrote:I think its awesome the only thing I don't understand is why is MC fighting an elite before a Promethean "saves" him

Could be the fact that by the story there were so called loyal and sepertist elites in the covenant. Sepertists were those who joined humans, loyal those who stayed with the covenant. For obvious underestanding purpouses in halo 3, the elites were all made friendly, but by lore, not all of them were. Could be the same reason in this game, that you will still be fighting loyal elites of the covenant.

P.S sorry for going all nerdy on you guys XD
Yeah I'm with Oozy, the Chief was conveniently saved by the forerunner death laser beam that vapourised the elite xD
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF WiredUp4Fun
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Norway Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:36 pm

UF Garanas wrote:Weren't the forerunners the new enemy?
And looking at the multi player levels, it seems the forerunner structures are still there Smile)

well the forerunners favorised the humans so i think not. apparantly the new enemy is some kind of robot. Surprised Shocked
UF Norway
UF Norway
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Bl4ckCl0ud Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:10 pm

All I know is that I just pre-ordered it lol
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Bl4ckCl0ud
UF Member
UF Member

http://yomegakicks.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Michael3005 Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

I can't wait for it! only thing is I'll probably be out in the airforce by then Razz
UF Michael3005
UF Michael3005
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Speaking of, anyone keeping up with the machima series?
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Just watched an entire commentary of Halo 4 today... to sum it all up, Halo just got turned into a tragic love story between Cortana and Master Chief, amid rude interruptions by digital humans, a who knows what the heck happened to the Covenant, and a psychopathic Forunner. Rather disappointing....
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF OozY Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:19 am

Mine will get here next week and I'm looking forward to it. I'm not watching any gameplay til I get it. I never finished halo 3 or reach so in the meantime.... lol
UF OozY
UF OozY
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:17 am

You'd just need to finish halo 3, reach is a prequel to Halo CE
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Spartan19423 Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:26 pm

I watched halo 4 on youtube as well and I am afraid I have to agree with Ezio here. It did get turned into some dramatic love story between Chief and Cortana. But apart from that they have no explenation what so ever why the covenant turned against humans again.

Also the diatact seems just waaaaaaaaaaaay too over powered as an enemy in my opinion. It is as if fighting something you can't win.... now what game had that kind of cosmos beings.... oh yes... mass effect - reapers.

In general, it had it's moments, but it has just strayed TOO much away from the original halo and master chief. If they wanted to change it that much, then I would have suggested that they used the universe, but had not included master chief, because right now, he just isn't as he normally would be (at least in my opinion).

But no, they have done an exellent job on advertising the game and since I have not actually played it, then the gameplay mechanics might be more then fun as well. I am just bitching about the campaing Razz
UF Spartan19423
UF Spartan19423
UF Admin
UF Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UF Ezio Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Game play mechanics are fantastic, solid platform. Just disappointed with the plot... And yea, if the Didect had all those powers, he'd be stronger than a Gravemind flood...
UF Ezio
UF Ezio
UF Member
UF Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next